Autor Thema: [W:tF] Developer Chat Transcript  (Gelesen 1113 mal)

Offline Selganor [n/a]

• Titan
  • Username: Selganor
[W:tF] Developer Chat Transcript
« am: 14.03.2005 | 09:28 »
Developer Chat Transcript
Transcript of March 9th's Werewolf: The Forsaken Developer Chat

Just ahead of the Werewolf: The Forsaken release date of March 14th, White Wolf hosted an online Question and Answer chat with Ethan Skemp, developer of the Werewolf game line. The chat was scheduled Wednesday March 9th at 7 p.m. Eastern United States time. For those who missed the chat, we present the complete transcript:

Conrad Hubbard (Mar 9, 2005 5:39:52 PM)
It's 5:39 here, so about an hour and 20 minutes to go.

Conrad Hubbard (Mar 9, 2005 5:58:09 PM)
If you like, you can use the Side Room I set up to talk amongst yourselves until the chat starts. There is about 1 hour until Ethan arrives.

Operator (Mar 9, 2005 6:56:31 PM)
ETHAN IN THE HOUSE!

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 6:57:00 PM)
Present, yes. Good evening, all.

Enkeli (Mar 9, 2005 6:57:32 PM)
Evening

WhiteOakDragon (Mar 9, 2005 6:57:38 PM)
Thanks for talking to us.

Conrad Hubbard (Mar 9, 2005 6:57:47 PM)
About 3 minutes now I guess.

Conrad Hubbard (Mar 9, 2005 6:58:39 PM)
2 minutes approximately.

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:00:39 PM)
Well, *my* computer says 7:00.

Conrad Hubbard (Mar 9, 2005 7:01:28 PM)
Ethan Skemp has been the Werewolf Developer for White Wolf for many moons, and now he brings you the newest World of Darkness release (Monday the 14th): Werewolf: The Forsaken.

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:01:43 PM)
(...so many moons...)

Conrad Hubbard (Mar 9, 2005 7:02:30 PM)
Let's have your best questions folks. The ones you have been dying to ask. And welcome Ethan!

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:02:46 PM)
Good to be here.

Rafoil (Mar 9, 2005 7:02:51 PM)
Yes welcome Ethan. JOin Us.

SOMNIOMANCER (Mar 9, 2005 7:03:11 PM)
All hail Ethan Skemp!

Operator (Mar 9, 2005 7:03:18 PM)
What can we expect for Werewolf this year?

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:03:45 PM)
Right off the bat, there's of course Hunting Ground, the Rockies, and Predators; you've probably heard about those already.

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:04:26 PM)
Then we follow up with Lore of the Forsaken, and Chicago, which of course will be large enough to have a Werewolf supplement as about a third of it.

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:04:46 PM)
Then we're looking at what I like to call Blood of the Wolf, and the first of the Lodges books.

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:05:06 PM)
I think that covers the year. Might slip into 2006, even. Whoops..

Enkeli (Mar 9, 2005 7:05:22 PM)
So how is the relations between Vampires and Werewolfs gonna be handeled this time?

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:05:41 PM)
Well, you probably already know that all-out war isn't the status quo.

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:06:17 PM)
Instead, it becomes a matter of personal scale — how the vampires of Toronto feel about the werewolves of Toronto isn't indicative of how vampires and werewolves get along in El Paso.

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:07:19 PM)
Specifically, if you see something like a conflict between the two, it's going to be not because of religious dogma or the like, but because, say, Baron Fangenstein hates ErikvonWulf because he ran off with Fangy's daughter.

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:08:00 PM)
That makes each particular conflict more interesting than "oh yeah, and they fight." You get to figure out the whys and wherefores, which reflects on the personalities of the monsters involved..

Rafoil (Mar 9, 2005 7:08:12 PM)
And don't forget Magey McMagealot.

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:08:17 PM)
I hate that guy.

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:08:43 PM)
Ran off with my cousin.

Trevor_della_Porta (Mar 9, 2005 7:08:53 PM)
Hey, Ethan, I was wondering how available for play the Pure Tribes will be. Will they be good to use as PCs, and/or will there be supplements covering them?

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:09:39 PM)
I imagine they'll be "available," but not so much "expected." We do want to do a big book on the Pure, but by default they're the monsters among monsters.

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:10:12 PM)
Not to say "ARGH, THEY SO EVIL," but rather, we wanted the Forsaken to deal with the Pure in much the same way that human protagonists in a horror movie deal with werewolves.

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:11:03 PM)
The Pure are the implacable hunters that hunt *you*. They provide the other side of the werewolf experience — what it's like to be stalked by werewolves. Although we definitely want to make them fully fleshed-out, they're not quite protagonist material in part because they have the edge.

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:11:17 PM)
How scary will it be knowing that you outnumber your prey, for one?

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:11:57 PM)
So yeah, there will be more info, and I'm sure resourceful troupes can make use of it if they like. We're not exactly casting the Pure as antiheroes, but they will have sound (in their POV) reasons for what they do.

DRUNNE (Mar 9, 2005 7:12:09 PM)
What exactly are lodge's and how much of a role will they play in W:tF? Are they similiar to Bloodlines in V:tR and are they as rare or more common?

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:12:57 PM)
Lodges are a lot like bloodlines, yes. I would say they're about as common as bloodlines because they pretty much appear when the Storyteller needs them to; you don't have to use all the lodges we publish in a game to get a good experience.

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:13:41 PM)
"Lodge" is pretty much the perfect word for them. They're smaller societies with more focused goals, that initiate members into a new, well, world, in a manner of speaking.

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:14:17 PM)
In a way, they're almost what bloodlines would have been if they were based on subsects of a covenant instead of a clan heritage. Oh yeah, and if there were totem spirits bound to them..

wyrm (Mar 9, 2005 7:14:54 PM)
do members of Lodges gain mechanical benefits? Like, say, Gifts?

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:15:36 PM)
Yep. The benefits actually vary from lodge to lodge; some might gain access to Gift lists that would ordinarily be more expensive to purchase, and some gain abilities somewhat like the minor blessings a totem grants.

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:16:18 PM)
One of the neat things about lodges is that they can be scaled to various power levels, depending on how difficult it is to be initiated into a lodge. If you have to cut off your own hand to get into a lodge, you'll get better recompense than the lodge where you just have to do a few weeks of community service, so to speak..

NIETZSCHE (Mar 9, 2005 7:17:42 PM)
In Vampire, the certainty of the way vamps came to be is lost, giving place to doubt. In Werewolf, this certainty still seems to be in place. Have the wolvies other creation stories, or is the one given in the first spoiler the single one? If so, why? =)

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:18:18 PM)
There won't be other creation myths in the core book, but I can guarantee you that others will appear, and that it won't be absolutely provable that Father Wolf's story is true.

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:19:17 PM)
We have a single origin story because that in part is what answers the question "What do werewolves do?" The story of Father Wolf sets you on the road to one answer.

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:20:21 PM)
You hear this tale of a primal ancestor who tried to keep his territory healthy and under control, and it gives you one potential path of structure to follow. Structure's good in a game; yes, we want Forsaken to work like a good toolkit, but at the same time, there should be a default story idea that comes easily to the novice Storyteller.

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:20:46 PM)
In this case, it's recreating Father Wolf's spirit hunts, and dealing with other werewolves who also believe in this myth and hate you for the part your ancestors played in it..

Chamber (Mar 9, 2005 7:21:06 PM)
But what about spirits and such? Will THEY believe in the whole Father Wolf thing?

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:21:48 PM)
Maybe. But the thing about spirits is, that doesn't matter so much to them. Spirits are pretty focused on the here and now, the opportunity to advance themselves.

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:22:35 PM)
The spirits that might have the biggest chance of remembering if there was a Pangaea or not, and that could tell you what it was like without their own natures coloring their perceptions, are these old and freakish Incarnae that are pretty far removed from they physical world (thankfully).

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:23:16 PM)
The average spirit you run into, though, it doesn't hate you because of some concept of original sin. It doesn't care about sin. It hates you because you're the cop on the beat that keeps it from running riot, and because you're this half-flesh thing that has power over it.

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:24:15 PM)
Though we have a story that reaches back to prehistory, and the primal feel is critical to a game about predatory man-beasts, the average game of Werewolf: The Forsaken should definitely be rooted in the here and now..

wyrm (Mar 9, 2005 7:25:01 PM)
Are there any plans for a book on the spirit world? Also, what is Predators about? I hear that there's a chapter on the Hosts inside...

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:25:18 PM)
Sneaky, posing two questions as one...

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:26:21 PM)
There will be more stuff on the spirit world, and in fact a great chunk of that will be rolled into Predators. We aren't going to have a book devoted to the geography of the spirit world immediately, but we will start looking at spirits and how they relate to werewolves right off the bat.

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:27:00 PM)
Predators has got spirits info in it, yes; a big chapter full of advice on using them and a hefty bestiary of spirits as well. Sort of like a smaller Axis Mundi, for those who remember that book.

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:27:44 PM)
It also has a big chapter on the Hosts with a couple of cute little surprises, a chapter on the Ridden with lots more tools for building Ridden antagonists, and a chapter of... things. Old things. Nasty things.

James (Mar 9, 2005 7:28:53 PM)
There has been talk on the forums that auspice gift lists are exclusive. Is this true, and is the same true for tribal gift lists?

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:29:18 PM)
It's true for the auspice Gifts. If you're not an Ithaeur, you can't learn Crescent Moon Gifts.

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:29:56 PM)
Tribes don't have specific Gift lists, though. There are Gift lists that are not affinity Gifts for anyone but a member of a given tribe, but they aren't exclusive.

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:30:35 PM)
For instance, only a Storm Lord will have access to the Weather Gift list at the cheap "affinity" cost, but other people could buy them if they didn't mind paying out the nose.

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:31:15 PM)
Each tribe has access to one of these affinity-but-not-quite-exclusive lists in the core book..

7StoryFall (Mar 9, 2005 7:31:59 PM)
Why do new garou recieve one skill specialty in contrast to a vampire recieving an attribute bonus?

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:32:56 PM)
The Attribute bonus wasn't something that was necessarily intended to be true across the board for all supernatural creatures. Mages won't get the same kind of bonus just for being mages, either; it would be odd if you Awakened and suddenly you can bench-press another 75 pounds.

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:33:39 PM)
We went with auspice Skill specialties because they neatly played up the idea that an auspice doesn't necessarily grant you more dots in something, but it gives you greater affinity for certain things that are appropriate to your role.

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:34:05 PM)
Rahu don't get stronger just for being Rahu, but they pick up some tricks in fighting, intimidation, or the like.

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:34:42 PM)
Besides, all werewolves get a whole lot of bonus Attribute dots. All you have to do is change your skin..

Rafoil (Mar 9, 2005 7:35:12 PM)
It seems that a lot of the categories the Forsaken fall into are by choice. Is this a conscious departure from Apocalypse, where everything was determined by birth?

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:35:43 PM)
Well, first off, not everything was determined by birth in Apocalypse, but it could sure seem like it. And yes, that was something we wanted to get away from.

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:36:35 PM)
Cool as the ethnic tribes could be, it sucked if a tribe really matched the personality you wanted to play but would exclude you because you weren't of a specific heritage. And although that wasn't always the case, it's hard playing the exception to the rule and not being labeled a poor roleplayer just for making that choice.

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:37:58 PM)
So yeah, this is a conscious departure. I still like the "destined child" concept in some ways, but having tribe be a matter of choice and auspice a matter of circumstance opens up a great many more doors..
Abraham Maslow said in 1966: "It is tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail."

Offline Selganor [n/a]

• Titan
  • Username: Selganor
Re: [W:tF] Developer Chat Transcript
« Antwort #1 am: 14.03.2005 | 09:29 »

PalominoMule (Mar 9, 2005 7:38:28 PM)
What is the reason for Luna to forbid the Uratha from mating with wolves? I can certainly understand why you as a developer would want to have such a rule about, but what's the reasoning within the game?

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:39:20 PM)
Well, the reasoning within the game is hard to nail down: Luna's a mad old crone, and nobody knows exactly what she's thinking at any one time.

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:39:43 PM)
So, you know, the Forsaken come up with theories.

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:41:50 PM)
In part, it's a tricky question, though, because in-character not every werewolf would even question that they aren't meant to breed with wolves. They aren't wolves. Lots of them think of themselves as at least partly human, and that's who they're attracted to.

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:43:28 PM)
Should I maybe say that this is all the rationale we see necessary for the core book? I hope it'll do..

Jess_Hartley (Mar 9, 2005 7:43:57 PM)
Ethan: Forsaken gave a couple of examples of how Uratha can "harvest" Essence from spirits, but can you clarify how Uratha gift essence back to them for bribes, chiminage, etc? Is there a ritual, gift, or is it an inherent ability all Uratha have? What might that look like?

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:44:53 PM)
It's basically a combination of the werewolf's innate ability to "spend" Essence and a spirit's innate ability to consume Essence.

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:45:23 PM)
You focus on releasing some of the spirit-stuff within you, and the spirit latches onto your wrist (so to speak) as it starts to emerge.

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:46:19 PM)
What it looks like? I would say that would depend. I would actually hope it looked different as spirits and locations changed. If you're feeding Essence to a murder-spirit, I'd hope it would look a lot different than when you're offering something up to a fire elemental..

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:46:42 PM)
I love the visual symbolism of the spirit world, if you hadn't guessed alreadly..

BlackHat_Matt (Mar 9, 2005 7:47:25 PM)
Do Lunes change Choir with each phase of the moon, or are there actually cresent-moon-spirits, full-moon-spirits, etc?

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:48:13 PM)
The latter. Aaannnd maybe also the former, for some Lunes. A mix of both. Luna's no role model of constancy..

ThriceDamnedGorol (Mar 9, 2005 7:49:01 PM)
When Vampires lose their Humanity, they become feral beasts. What happens when Uratha lose their Harmony? And are there political reprecussions in a pack if one werewolf seems to be losing a bit too much Harmony, lately?

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:49:43 PM)
When werewolves lose Harmony, things become interesting. They start getting a little less human in more ways than one.

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:50:26 PM)
Yes, they might fly into Death Rage more frequently. Yes, they have a harder time with things that call for Harmony rolls (like performing rites). They might even start manifesting weird behavior traits that seem more like a spirit than a physical being.

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:50:42 PM)
And if you drop to 0 Harmony? Then you become Zi'ir. That's not good..

BlackHat_Matt (Mar 9, 2005 7:51:18 PM)
What can we expect from the Rockies sourcebook?

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:51:45 PM)
In short? Plot seeds.

Rafoil (Mar 9, 2005 7:52:16 PM)
Water twice daily.

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:52:41 PM)
Plot seeds tied to various packs. Plot seeds tied to the local geography. Plot seeds tied to the War against Gurdilag. Oh, all these things are rooted in full information and loving detail — you'll find out what the real deal with the Red Knives is, and you'll get a sample story to throw at your group.

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:53:34 PM)
But one of our goals with regional sourcebooks is that they're not just a tour guide to a region and the individuals, but that they beg to be used. That every page has the seeds of a story on it. That's what we shot for, Matt..

MisterShade (Mar 9, 2005 7:53:43 PM)
Do we get stats for Gurdilag?

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:54:51 PM)
Gurdilag is no longer a going concern, so no. However, the point of critters like Gurdilag (as illustrated by the history of the sourcebook) is that you can't beat them by maxing out your Brawl. The idigam have to be defeated in other ways..

Anatolia (Mar 9, 2005 7:55:38 PM)
Will there be location sourcebooks based on the rest of the world in the near future?

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:56:28 PM)
That's the general plan. It depends on whether I can get reliable authors, and the demand, of course — but we didn't come up with the Hunting Grounds: prefix without the intent of using it again..

SHADOW_LUPUS_ZERO (Mar 9, 2005 7:56:50 PM)
How will the series progress down the line since there is no 'metaplot'?

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:57:25 PM)
You'll find out more information about the setting, and get more tools for building the ideal chronicle. Story seeds will continue to be presented, and you'll still see a setting that can go any which way.

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:57:48 PM)
The only difference is that we won't say "Well, your characters didn't get involved, so here's what some other characters did that changed the setting."

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:58:23 PM)
I've always been a really light-on-metaplot developer. I don't think much about my plans for advancing a line will change much..

skinwraith (Mar 9, 2005 7:58:33 PM)
Are there going to be tribe books and auspices books in the future?

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:58:39 PM)
("much much"...erg, redunant much?)

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:58:54 PM)
We're thinking about it.

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:59:24 PM)
If we do them, I want them to be big and useful, like the covenant books for Vampire..

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 7:59:52 PM)
And there'll be some auspice material in Lore of the Forsaken..

Operator (Mar 9, 2005 7:59:53 PM)
When a vampire uses Protean 4 to change into a Wolf, could an Uratha who witnessed the transformation mistake the vampire for a werewolf or do their transformation processes look different enough to make it obvious the vampire is not a werewolf?

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 8:00:41 PM)
That sounds like the point where a Storyteller asks for a roll, don't you think? Wits + Composure, maybe. Maybe Occult..

Conrad Hubbard (Mar 9, 2005 8:01:24 PM)
Alright folks, just a little longer now. Let's see your best questions!

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 8:06:19 PM)
Not as such; Gifts are something that come from an external source, while vampiric powers are manifested from within. Now, you could have every reason for a player or Storyteller to devise a new Gift list, but in-character werewolves don't have that much control over powers of that nature.

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 8:06:47 PM)
Rites, maybe. It'd be nice to do a system for building your own rites, but that's not in the core..

Operator (Mar 9, 2005 8:06:56 PM)
Do pack totems have to be animals? Will there be a book for Pack Totems with more player options?

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 8:07:22 PM)
Pack totems don't have to be animals, no. We use animals in the examples because they're accessible, but you could do the second coming of Grandfather Thunder if you wanted to.

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 8:07:42 PM)
There will be some more ideas for customizing pack totems in the future as well..

Cheshire_cat (Mar 9, 2005 8:08:06 PM)
Are we going to see Player's and Storyteller's Handbooks or only sourcebooks on specific topic?

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 8:08:54 PM)
No immediate plans for them; we don't want to fall into the trap of churning out generic books just yet..

Trevor_della_Porta (Mar 9, 2005 8:09:15 PM)
Are we going to see a book based on pack dynamics, sorta like Coteries?

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 8:09:19 PM)
Not that such books couldn't be awesome, but there's a danger of thinking "Oh, I know how to do these..."

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 8:09:31 PM)
Pack dynamics? Maybe.

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 8:10:03 PM)
It's not on the list for something that gets a book to itself yet, but you never know.

Conrad Hubbard (Mar 9, 2005 8:10:40 PM)
Okay folks just one or two more questions. Let's make them good.

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 8:10:46 PM)
Man, where does the time go?

Mike Stands (Mar 9, 2005 8:11:35 PM)
Are you going to do another chat , after the book is out?

Conrad Hubbard (Mar 9, 2005 8:11:39 PM)
yes

ThriceDamnedGorol (Mar 9, 2005 8:11:44 PM)
What roll, if any, will the Fera play in the nWoD?

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 8:11:44 PM)
There you have it.

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 8:12:26 PM)
There are no "Fera" as you think of them, and we don't want to go that route again, for a number of reasons.

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 8:12:56 PM)
However, that doesn't mean that things based on the folklore of other animal-human-shifter-things won't appear in the future.

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 8:14:27 PM)
They just won't be the accursed and spat-upon half-flesh offspring of Mother Luna and Father Some Random Animal..

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 8:14:54 PM)
(And I don't mean that they'll be half-flesh offspring that is beloved of the spirit world, either!)

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 8:15:27 PM)
One more?

KMagefyre (Mar 9, 2005 8:16:51 PM)
What can you tell us about the Gauru form?

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 8:18:01 PM)
It's the cinematic werewolf form. It's a form of last resort, and one that grants advantages no other form will. Clever packs will use it in cycles, with one Gauru fighting until he can't hold it any more, and then another one stepping in.

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 8:18:09 PM)
And it just plain looks cool. What more do you need?

m8trxspydr (Mar 9, 2005 8:18:34 PM)
The book

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 8:18:41 PM)
Monday!

Conrad Hubbard (Mar 9, 2005 8:19:00 PM)
Okay, folks, I think Ethan's got to get dinner or something.

Conrad Hubbard (Mar 9, 2005 8:19:10 PM)
Let's see, am I forgetting anything?

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 8:19:18 PM)
Trivia question, dude.

Odin (Mar 9, 2005 8:19:28 PM)
Free STuffffffff!!!!!!!

Operator (Mar 9, 2005 8:19:35 PM)
GIMME FREE STUFF!

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 8:19:42 PM)
You gotta earn it.

Conrad Hubbard (Mar 9, 2005 8:19:52 PM)
Well, okay, I think we have a trivia question tonight.

Conrad Hubbard (Mar 9, 2005 8:20:45 PM)
Here's the rules folks. Ethan is going to ask a question, and the first person to post the right answer wins a free copy of Werewolf, shipped to you ASAP, provided it's legal in your home town, that is......

Conrad Hubbard (Mar 9, 2005 8:21:04 PM)
(and if you already have a copy, then share the love!!!!)

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 8:21:17 PM)
Alright. In Black Furies Tribebook, the first one, one of the notable Furies was by definition not the stereotypical man-hating female. What was this guy's name?

Conrad Hubbard (Mar 9, 2005 8:22:05 PM)
Wow. I think you stumped them Ethan. That's the longest it has ever taken.

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 8:22:08 PM)
Too obscurely worded? I'm asking for a male Fury here.

Conrad Hubbard (Mar 9, 2005 8:22:11 PM)
Ah, okay, and our winner is........

Conrad Hubbard (Mar 9, 2005 8:22:16 PM)
Palomino Mule.

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 8:22:24 PM)
Congratulations!

PalominoMule (Mar 9, 2005 8:22:25 PM)
Teiresias...?

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 8:22:42 PM)
That was him.

Conrad Hubbard (Mar 9, 2005 8:23:02 PM)
I'm going to Private message you to get your shipping info, Pal, and meanwhile, everybody, wish Ethan a good dinner....

Conrad Hubbard (Mar 9, 2005 8:23:24 PM)
we'll have another shot at him after the book releases.....

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 8:23:38 PM)
(...actually, gotta catch up with the wife... that's more important than eating, some would say...)

Ethan Skemp (Mar 9, 2005 8:24:02 PM)
G'night, all. We'll do this again once the Beast is in people's hands.

Conrad Hubbard (Mar 9, 2005 8:24:23 PM)
I am going to create a side room for folks who want to stick around and just gab with each other.....
Abraham Maslow said in 1966: "It is tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail."