Autor Thema: Clerks 2  (Gelesen 2462 mal)

Gast

• Gast
Clerks 2
« am: 31.08.2004 | 18:16 »
Writer/director Kevin Smith (Dogma, Chasing Amy, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, Jersey Girl) announced on Friday that he has begun work on a sequel to Clerks, his independent classic from 1994.

The $27,000 movie, shot at night in a store where Smith worked, chronicled the adventures of Dante (Brian O'Halloran) and Randal (Jeff Anderson), two guys who talk about life, death, sex and movies while working at neighboring stores.

The sequel picks up 10 years later, reports the Associated Press. "It's about what happens when that lazy, 20-something malaise lasts into your 30s," says Smith. "Those dudes are kind of still mired, not in that same exact situation, but in a place where it's time to actually grow up and do something more than just sit around and dissect pop culture and talk about sex. It's: What happened to these dudes?"

A new 10th anniversary DVD of Clerks debuts Sept. 7, and Smith said working on that three-disc set inspired him to write about what became of those characters. The sequel, titled The Passion of The Clerks, is set to begin shooting in January. Miramax Films, which distributed the first film, will do the same for the follow-up.

Smith is also writing the screenplay for The Green Hornet, but no longer thinks he will direct it. The Clerks sequel has moved to the top of his to-do list. Both O'Halloran and Anderson are signed on, and Jason Mewes will return as stoner Jay.

Preacher

• Gast
Re: The passion of the Clerks
« Antwort #1 am: 31.08.2004 | 18:32 »
Ich bin mal geneigt, vorsichtig zu jubeln...
Obwohl ich bei solchen Fortsetzungen immer nen seltsamen Beigeschmack habe. Einerseits ist Clerks in meinem Augen der beste Film von Smith (ok - auf einer Stufe mit Dogma) und sicher hätte ich gerne wieder etwas vergleichbares, andererseits lebte er doch auch gewaltig vom "Indie-Charme" - und der wird schwerlich zu reproduzieren sein.
Da liegt also Potential für etwas denkwürdiges - im positiven wie im negativen Sinne.
Lassen wir uns überraschen.

Offline Selganor [n/a]

• Titan
  • Username: Selganor
Re: The passion of the Clerks
« Antwort #2 am: 31.08.2004 | 18:35 »
Kevin Smith dazu in seinen Boards

- This isn't gonna be a cameo-heavy affair, a'la "Strike Back." The only returning characters are Dante and Randal, and Jay and Silent Bob.

- This isn't gonna be a star-studded affair. The biggest names in the cast are gonna be Brian O'Halloran, Jeff Anderson, and Jason Mewes.

- This isn't an "I'm not even supposed to be here today... AGAIN!"-heavy, wink-wink affair. We barely refer to the first flick (though I do love Lynch's proposed tagline of "They Still Don't Like You"; considering the tone of the script, an even more appropriate tagline would be "They Like You Even Less").

- Jay and Silent Bob have about as much screen time as they had in "Clerks." This is Dante and Randal's flick all the way.

- The title makes sense. Sure, there's a bit of cheekiness in there, but it's pretty appropriate, based on the material.

- This is the funniest thing I've ever written. It's also really poignant.

- We'll still be making a "Clerks" cartoon movie, separate of this.

- This is not a grab at the green. Saying so is kinda laughable, if you're privy to what I make per film now, vs. what I'll make for this film. Part of the idea about doing "Passion" is to strip away the trappings of success we've been enjoying for the last few years, in an effort to get to the raw and pure. None of us are making our usual salaries on this flick; we're all doing it favored-nations style, with deferments. If the flick does well, we'll get paid our full-freight on the back-end. If not, we did it for the love. But if I was "all about the green", I'd be gearing up for "Hornet" or "Fletch" instead. This one's about the passion; the passion of the "Clerks."

- Some of the key players from the "Clerks" saga who've already read the 143 page first draft: Mos, Jeff, Brian, John Pierson, Bob Hawk. Jay's reading the new, refined 119 page second draft this week. Once they were all on board, any doubt or hesitation I might've felt about monkeying with the original's legacy disappeared completely.

- This isn't about "Jersey Girl." While disappointed that we didn't do double the theatrical business we crawled to, I understand why what happened to that flick happened (considering how poorly "Gigli" did, I consider us kinda lucky that we got to 25m). If this is a reaction to anything, it's more of a reaction to "Green Hornet", and the trajectory my budgets have been taking lately. Before (and if) I direct "Hornet", I wanted to do something small and more me-like. While working on the "Clerks X" dvd, it became clear to me that "Passion" was the way to go.

- We almost did this flick three years ago, instead of "Strike Back." I'm glad we didn't, because I was able to say much more now than I would've then.

- There are gonna be lots of folks expressing disappointment or downright hostility with the idea of this movie. Let 'em vent. If it's all that bad, Xtian will just sweep it off the board. But the last thing I'm interested in is opinions on what I'm doing this early in the process, if at all. The beauty of making that first flick was being able to do it in a vacuum. Granted, I could've kept my mouth shut about it 'til we were done shooting; but with "Clerks X" coming out, it just felt right to share. Regardless - I don't want folks running here with reports of what's being said about the idea of this film at other boards. Don't waste your/my time with the braying of the jackasses. There's not even a movie to bray about yet. Once there is, if you still still feel the need to tell me what some random, knuckle-headed Talk Backer has to say about the finished product, then God bless. But until then, leave it in the locker room.

- Oh, who am I kidding? This flick makes me so happy, I'm not even bothered by the bitching (could still be even happier without it, though). I'm in love with this flick. If other folks aren't, I can't really say I'm concerned. I've read the script; they haven't. I have the benefit of insight into the flick beyond the title and the notion of it; they don't. The reaction is pretty much what I thought it'd be: a ton of positive, and minimal amount of bitching. Even if the equation was reversed, I'd still feel as good as I do now.

- At this point in my life, this flick makes absolute fucking sense.

- I can't wait to shoot it, and I can't wait 'til you all see it.

Added 8/29
-------------
- That storyline about Dante and Randal shooting a movie about working at the Quick Stop is the plot of the "Clerks" CARTOON movie. It's secure. The plot of "PotC" is something completely different.

- The flick does NOT employ the tone of the "Clerks" cartoon. It's OG "Clerks" all the way.

- The flick's in both black & white and color.

- Having not seen "South Park" since season two (unless you count the movie), I was unaware they did an episode called "The Passion of the Jew." I don't know how (or if) this info will effect our title.

- There will be no "reunions" or "crossovers" in the flick. Again - the only characters returning are Dante, Randal, Jay, and Bob.

More info when the questions pile up...
Abraham Maslow said in 1966: "It is tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail."

Offline Timo

• Bärenmann
  • Mythos
  • Lonesome Traveller
  • Username: ChaosAptom
    • ChaosAptoms Homepage
Clerks 2
« Antwort #3 am: 9.02.2006 | 11:56 »
Hm, jetzt wo schon der Teaser zu sehen ist, kann man ja auch mal langsam hier drauf aufmerksam machen:

http://clerks2.com/teaser/

Könnte Klasse werden, auch die MakingOffMovies sind sehr interessant.
"The bacon must flow!"

Chiungalla

• Gast
Re: Clerks 2
« Antwort #4 am: 9.02.2006 | 12:01 »
Der erste Teil war auf jeden Fall der Hit.  :d
Das behalte ich mal im Auge.
Danke für den Hinweis.

Offline Selganor [n/a]

• Titan
« Antwort #5 am: 9.02.2006 | 13:09 »
Ich fueg die beiden Threads mal zusammen.

Aber schon interessant welche "alten Bekannten" ich im Trailer sehen konnte:

Ben Affleck, Jason Lee, Kevin "Mashall" Weisman, ...
Abraham Maslow said in 1966: "It is tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail."

Offline Tantalos

• Bayrisches Cowgirl
  • Administrator
  • Legend
  • Username: J.Jack
« Antwort #6 am: 9.02.2006 | 13:54 »
Ich hab grad auch nen Schreck gekriegt...
Jason Mewes ist echt alt (und kantig) geworden!
Rebellion? Läuft gut!

Offline Ralf

• Jodelnde Kartoffel
  • Famous Hero
  • Obi Two Kenobi
  • Username: Silicon Valerie
« Antwort #7 am: 9.02.2006 | 14:16 »
Sieht gut aus, aber wie das:
Zitat
- This isn't gonna be a cameo-heavy affair, a'la "Strike Back." The only returning characters are Dante and Randal, and Jay and Silent Bob.
- This isn't gonna be a star-studded affair. The biggest names in the cast are gonna be Brian O'Halloran, Jeff Anderson, and Jason Mewes.
mit dem:
Aber schon interessant welche "alten Bekannten" ich im Trailer sehen konnte:
Ben Affleck, Jason Lee, Kevin "Mashall" Weisman, ...
Zusammengehen soll ist mir noch nicht ganz klar.
Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat.
- Jesse "The Body" Ventura

Offline Selganor [n/a]

• Titan
« Antwort #8 am: 9.02.2006 | 14:22 »
Kann auch sein dass ich mich verguckt habe (in der IMDB sind sie auch nicht gelistet)... So doll war die Qualitaet des Trailers nicht.

Aber Kevin Weismann war bisher nicht sonderlich bekannt (ausser in Alias kenne ich ihn nicht wirklich)

Jon Snow

• Gast
« Antwort #9 am: 9.02.2006 | 14:23 »
@Ralf: Wie war das noch?
"What do I care for the shit I said yesterday?"

Öhm, da ich den Film endlich auch gesehen habe (danke Don Kamillo!) freue ich mich auf das Sequel. Klingt gut.

Schlagt mich wenn ichs überlesen habe...Kommt der ins Kino?

Offline Stummkraehe

• Grizzly Lolita
  • Legend
  • Wake up and smell the noise
  • Username: Joaquin
« Antwort #10 am: 9.02.2006 | 14:27 »
Ben Affleck hat wohl nur einen Kurzauftritt. Wirkte zumindest in einem der Makin Of-Videos so. Und wer ist Kevin Weisman?

Ich hab grad auch nen Schreck gekriegt...
Jason Mewes ist echt alt (und kantig) geworden!
Was vielleicht auch an den Drogeneskapaden liegen kann. Kevin Smith hatte ihm Clerks 2 ja auch mehr oder weniger als Belohnung fürs "clean werden" versprochen.

Offline Selganor [n/a]

• Titan
« Antwort #11 am: 9.02.2006 | 14:31 »
Und wer ist Kevin Weisman?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0918858/

Das war im Trailer der Kunde in der "Ring-Szene"

Offline Ralf

• Jodelnde Kartoffel
  • Famous Hero
  • Obi Two Kenobi
  • Username: Silicon Valerie
« Antwort #12 am: 9.02.2006 | 14:35 »
Wollte mich ja auch gar nicht zu sehr beschweren. Von mir aus kann er soviele Promis durchs Bild scheuchen wie er möchte.
Viel wichtiger finde ich dass sie sich nicht inhaltlich zurückhalten, um eine angenehmere Altersfreigabe zu kriegen. "Clerks" war in den USA NC-17, sprich ab 18.
Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat.
- Jesse "The Body" Ventura

Jon Snow

• Gast
« Antwort #13 am: 9.02.2006 | 14:37 »
Wollte mich ja auch gar nicht zu sehr beschweren. Von mir aus kann er soviele Promis durchs Bild scheuchen wie er möchte.
Viel wichtiger finde ich dass sie sich nicht inhaltlich zurückhalten, um eine angenehmere Altersfreigabe zu kriegen. "Clerks" war in den USA NC-17, sprich ab 18.
Oh. Schon wieder einer von der Sorte Filme die ich nächstes Jahr alle legal sehen darf  >;D

EDIT: Gibts noch nen anderen Link zu dem Teaser? Bei mir startet der irgendwie nicht... :q
« Letzte Änderung: 11.02.2006 | 13:57 von Snow »

Offline Selganor [n/a]

• Titan
« Antwort #14 am: 23.07.2006 | 23:55 »
So... Seit dem 21. Juli ist Clerks 2 in Amiland angelaufen...

Deutschlandstart: Noch nicht bekannt. :(
(OK, ich werde mir den Film - wie die anderen - wohl eh' nicht unbedingt auf deutsch anschauen ;D )

Offline Phileas

• Adventurer
  • Ich liebe dieses Forum!
  • Username: Phileas
« Antwort #15 am: 21.04.2007 | 10:20 »
Unglaublich, aber "Clerks 2" wird tatsächlich noch den Weg in die deutschen Kinos finden  :).

Ich habe mal beim neuen Verleih (Central Film) angefragt, hier die Antwort:
Zitat
ja der Film wird in Deutschland ins Kino kommen. Voraussichtlich am 12.
Juli.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Sven Andresen
Verleihchef
"I am a book fetishist - books to me are the coolest and sexiest and most wonderful things there are." - Neil Gaiman

Offline Elwin

• Adventurer
  • Username: Chris Gosse
« Antwort #16 am: 21.04.2007 | 10:23 »
Na endlich! Ich hatte dem Film letztes Jahr schon entgegengefiebert...

Juchuu, der Tag kann kommen!

Gruß
Chris
skip the flavour text, we're wasting precious hack-time!
====
Was wäre das Internet ohne Rechthaber? - Verdammt leer!
====
Rollenspiel wird am besten genossen ohne Stock im Hintern.

Offline Selganor [n/a]

• Titan
« Antwort #17 am: 21.04.2007 | 17:31 »
Fuer mich persoenlich nicht interessant...

Ich mochte noch keinen der synchronisierten Kevin Smith Filme wenn ich vorher die Originalfassung kannte und die DVD von Clerks 2 kam auch kuerzlich an...